Merino fitted wrap (Standard weight)
What is STANDARD WEIGHT merino:
We call this is our 365 days of the year merino - it's super soft and perfect for all babies and we recommend this weight for ALL seasons. This is a great SAFE option if you are unsure which one to get. Learn more about the differences in our merino weights.
There's a reason why our wraps are the best...
It's a proven fact that babies loved to be swaddled/wrapped.
Our swaddle is superior to all other wraps on the market because we have eliminated all the guesswork and made it easy to use - even dads can wrap/swaddle like a pro. Simply slip your baby into the hip-healthy body pocket and wrap the wings around your precious bundle. The super-soft merino stretches to form a snug fit around your little one making them feel safe, secure and warm - no folding, zips or Velcro required.
Remember, wraps are considered blankets for babies. We recommend you use our wraps over our nightgowns or sleepsuits which will replace the need for loose blankets, and be a perfect level of warmth.
Key features & design:
- The perfect fit for your newborn till between 3mths or till they start to roll over, whichever comes first.
Hip-healthy - Our body pocket is wide enough to allow the baby to actively flex the hips with excessive restraint, while also allowing for good hip abduction and rotation. Watch the video below to see that the hips can naturally fall into the "frog position" which helps prevent hip dysplasia.
- The long length measures 65cm from the back of the neck to the bottom of the pocket. When baby is very little, and there is excess length in the body pocket you can easily tuck the fabric under, tie it with an elastic band or simply tie a knot at the bottom to avoid the possibility of baby slipping down.
- It is designed to be worn with arms in, however, you can easily wear with one or both arms out, making it an ideal transition swaddle.
- Made locally in New Zealand.
Buy a matching knotted beanie:
When you buy this fitted wrap you can add on a popular matching knotted beanie for an extra layer of comfort and warmth for only $5.00.
Simply tie the knot to fit your baby's head and adjust the knot as they grow. The knotted beanies are perfect for day time strolling and all out and about activities - just make sure you don't sleep your baby overnight in a hat (as they may overheat).
- Designed to fit from newborn to approx 3-5mths.
- The folded hem design is sewn down on the sides to prevent falling down over babies eyes.
- Knotted design - simply tie the knot to fit your baby's head and adjust the knot as they grow for a perfect fit.
Why should you use merino against the skin for layering:
Merino should be used for all newborn babies 365 days of the year for night-time sleeping. In fact on those warmer nights, it works BETTER than cotton to help regulate temperature and keep your newborn baby cool. Newborn babies can not regulate temperature for around 12 weeks of life - this means they might be cold even when it's hot in the house. So it is really important to use merino against the skin so the merino garment can do the job for them.
Merino will draw the moisture away from your newborn delicate skin when warm and then as the temperature drops (between 3-5am) the merino will push the warmth back into the skin - so they don't wake up because they are cold. If merino hadn't been invented by nature, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was invented by magic.