BABY CATERPILLAR - Merino nightgown (standard weight)
Merino drawstring nightgown (Standard weight)
What is STANDARD WEIGHT merino:
We call this is our 365 days of the year merino - it's super soft and perfect for all babies and we recommend this weight for ALL seasons. This is a great SAFE option if you are unsure which one to get. Learn more about the differences in our merino weights.
Why you need our nightgowns:
We really don't mean to brag, but we honestly believe our nightgowns will be your favorite newborn essential, and they are so well made that you will be passing them down from baby to baby, family to family...
Made from soft warm merino, they are ideal for your brand new baby before you begin to think about sleeping bags or blankets and are a great item to pack in your hospital overnight bag. Plus they are designed to fit from newborn to approx 6mths, so you get great value for money. We suggest you wear them under our merino fitted wraps.
Key features & design:
- Generously designed to fit from newborn to approx 6mths.
- A drawstring at the bottom to allow for easy access for nappy changes - night times will be so much easier for mum and dad
- Designed to be simple to get on and off with the envelope neckline.
- Front pleats for a better fit through the chest area
- Extra-long for plenty of kick room and growth. Measurements: 64cm length through the body
- Double-stitched drawstring so you won't break the stitching when pulling closed.
- As with all our Baby Caterpillar garments our nightgowns are machine washable and able to be tumble dried (on a cool setting).
- Made locally in New Zealand
Add a matching knotted beanie:
When you buy this nightgown you get the option of adding a matching merino knotted beanie for only $5.00
So adorable and perfect to finish off any outfit, and if you are in need of a baby shower gift these are a perfect choice. The knotted hat are perfect for daytime strolling and all out and about activities - just make sure you don't sleep your baby overnight in a hat (as they may overheat).
- Designed to fit from newborn to approx 3-5mths.
- The folded hem design is sewn down on the sides to prevent falling down over babies eyes.
- Knotted design - simply tie the knot to fit your baby's head and adjust the knot as they grow for a perfect fit.
Why should you use merino against the skin for layering:
Merino should be used for all newborn babies 365 days of the year for night-time sleeping. In fact on those warmer nights, it works BETTER than cotton to help regulate temperature and keep your newborn baby cool. Newborn babies can not regulate temperature for around 12 weeks of life - this means they might be cold even when it's hot in the house. So it is really important to use merino against the skin so the merino garment can do the job for them.
Merino will draw the moisture away from your newborn delicate skin when warm and then as the temperature drops (between 3-5am) the merino will push the warmth back into the skin - so they don't wake up because they are cold. If merino hadn't been invented by nature, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was invented by magic.