MKM Possum Merino Heirloom Baby Blanket
Beautifully soft, Possum Merino Baby Blanket to keep your little one snug and pass down through the generations.
- Subtle cable twist, double rib design with flat band around edge
- Measures approx. 104 x 72cm / 41 x 28¼ inches
- Made from a soft, warm blend of 20% possum fur, 70% superfine Merino and 10% silk
- Beautifully presented, rolled with a satin ribbon
About Possum Merino
Once you’ve tried it nothing else will feel as warm and soft. Possum Merino is a wonderful blend of possum fur and superfine New Zealand Merino wool with a texture similar to cashmere - luxuriously soft, incredibly lightweight, exceptionally warm and easy to wear. It won’t pill, it won’t wrinkle, it’s anti-static and is an innovative and practical market solution to an environmental challenge facing New Zealand.
Due to its hollow nature, the possum fur fibre is incredibly insulating and provides exceptional thermal warmth without weight. Research has shown that it is 55% warmer than Merino and 35% warmer than cashmere.
Superfine New Zealand Merino wool is renowned for its skin-friendly softness, all-seasons breathability and easy care durability. It combines beautifully with possum fur to create garments of exceptional warmth and quality that are incredibly good value.
- Possum fibre has no scales and is hollow, which gives both lightness and warmth, compared to other natural fibres of a similar micron.
- Possum fibre is silky to handle providing an instant feel appeal unlike any other fibre.
- Possum fibre will not freeze, even when exposed to periods of prolonged cold. The only fibre on the planet known to have the same characteristic is Polar Bear fur.
- The unique blend of possum fur and merino lamb’s wool creates a piling retardant fibre. Possum fur is low-pill and anti-static which means the garment can be worn throughout the years and still look as new as the day it was purchased.
Please follow those on care label attached to the garment. Warm hand wash with a gentle detergent. Warm rinse well. Lay flat to dry in the shade. Do not bleach. Do not tumble dry. Dry Cleanable.
About the Brushtail Possum
The brushtail possum was introduced to New Zealand in the 1850s and is now wreaking havoc on our natural wildlife and native forest.
The need to control the number of possums to protect our native flora and fauna saw the development of a specialised natural fibre.
By incorporating New Zealand Merino wool and Possum fur, we have created a unique high-quality yarn that has proven to be popular with New Zealanders, visitors and knitwear companies around the world.